2 - 12 JulyABOUT THE SCHOOLApplication deadline
25 Apr 2018
JOIN SUMMER SCHOOL FOR SCANDINAVIANS AND UKRAINIANS IN CHERNIVTSI 2018
- Be a part of our project: join the first Summer School for Ukrainians and Scandinavians, which is a historical moment of building a platform for fostering new stage of relations between Ukraine and Norway.
- Language practice: you will get a chance to learn Ukrainian or Norwegian languages with the best teachers from Chernivtsi National University and improve your communication skills with native speakers.
- Intercultural experience: our cultural events will help you find something new about Ukraine, its literature, music, films and traditions.
- Get the most up-to-date information from leading Ukrainian experts, social activists, human rights defenders, politicians and journalists about the current situation in Ukraine and its internal and external challenges.
- Visit new places in Ukraine: Chernivtsi, Yaremche, Kolomyia and Lviv
- Expand your network and see the world from other perspectives: open lectures, seminars, discussions and social events will give you the opportunity to meet new interesting people.
- Last but not the least: get more valuable experience on your CV.
Ukraine is at the center of the world’s attention today. This history changing moment in the country attracts attention of many students, journalists, scholars, researchers and ordinary people. The idea of the school is to build a platform for fostering a new stage of development of the relations between Ukraine and Scandinavia in academic and intercultural setting. You will get a unique opportunity to learn more about Ukraine, its politics, culture, language and practice your communication skills with the best teachers from Chernivtsi University and guest lectors. There will be separate language classes and common cultural events, seminars, open discussions and meetings with prominent Ukrainian experts, journalists, social society leaders and politicians. In addition you will also get the chance to travel around and see the mountains, old cities, castles and the heart of western Ukraine – magnificent Lviv. By the end of the program you will be awarded a certificate from the Chernivtsi National University.
Who can apply: There are no restrictions for age, occupation or nationality, but since the main idea of the Summer School is to strengthen people-to people relations between Ukraine and Scandinavia as well as to increase level of knowledge about Ukraine in Scandinavia we are going to prioritize people with residence in these countries. We would especially like to encourage students studying Eastern European studies, Slavic languages, journalism and political science to apply.
NOTE! DEADLINE FOR SUBMITION THE APPLICATIONS IS 25 APRIL 2018
You can find application form here.
We have limited funds and capacity to admit everyone, therefore a participation fee is set to NOK/SEK 8000 (24 000 UAH). However, you can apply for a reduced participation fee of 5000 NOK/SEK (15 000 UAH) (students only), and 3000 NOK/SEK (10 000 UAH) if the participant has accommodation in Chernivtsi on his own.
Scholarships: We do not have extra funds to cover participation fee. However we have some places reserved for the reduced participation fee for students. We can also consider even more reduced participation fee if you cover your accomodation in Chernivtsi on your own.
GUEST LECTURERS AND TEACHERS NOTE: this is a list of the speakers for 2017. Updated list is coming soonView all